Day 122 - Purple beaded earings

I didn't make these! These were a pair of earrings I bought from a friend of a friend a long time ago, way before I thought of making jewellery myself. It seemed like something you needed some qualifications or expertise in and I had neither - just a passion for accessories! I found them again recently and tried to remember how much I paid for them as they are really simple but using really nice quality beads so they look quite expensive. They are a lesson to me about how I should price my own pieces if/when I do sell them (I tend to do commissions for friends rather than having my own site but I'd like to do that one day - maybe I'll start with a shop on Etsy or Folksy). I often under-price my pieces and I need to remember that people are paying for your time and creativity and not just supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment